The utilization of alternative medical means can be accessed by patrons when seeking out the listing for a holistic practitioner in their locale. Training in this branch of medicine is different from conventional western medicine. As western medicine focuses on individual systems within the human body, so natural medicine focuses on seeking balance between body, mind and spirit. Unlike western medicine, diet and nutrition are a major component within holistic medicine.
Furthermore, western medicine makes use of pharmacology in treating known diseases and conditions. Noted are the side effects caused by such medications as they are focused on a given system within the body. Thus, another systems may incur side effects from the prescribed treatment for one system.
Introducing An Old Treatment Protocol
Alternatively, Ayurvedic medicine seeks to establish harmony and balance within the patient. Typically, massage therapy, meditation, and acupuncture have been used toward this end. An additional approach is Ayurveda. This system is estimated to have been around for 3,000-5,000 years originating in India. It is compared to traditional Chinese medicine. This branch of Medicine observes:
- Health and wellness depend on balance between body, mind and spirit accomplished through preventative measures.
- In North America Ayurveda is considered complementary alternative medicine.
- Treatment protocol may include Blood purification through prescribed teas.
- Natural cleansing is aided by laxatives, enemas, or other purgative measures directed at the small intestine and large intestine.
- Medically, oils given through the nasal passage are used to treat common ailments or seasonal allergies.
The Old Way Is Cost Effective
As conventional western medicine makes use of facilities and advanced technology in its practice, Ayurveda is considerably less expensive. Its strategy is to use inexpensive herbals, nutrition and lifestyle modification as its premise. The above cited methods are procedural, and can be given as outpatient.
It has been asserted that compared to conventional treatment, Ayurveda treatment time may be longer. If one has a chronic illness, treatment time regardless of approach may be longer compared to that for an earlier phase of a given disease or condition. In either case strict adherence to the protocol used is more likely to resolve the condition or disease.