You’ve more than likely heard of holistic therapy by now. It has been a part of western medicine practices for decades now. It is also very likely that that a holistic practice is in your city or town or a nearby major city. In the case that you didn’t hear of holistic therapies, it encompasses a wide range of practices that combine eastern and in some cases western medicine to heal the body and the mind.
Some of the most familiar of holistic healing therapies include:
- Neti Pot – nasal cleansing
- Energy Healing – This practice can encompass a wide variety of therapies that involve unblocking the chi in various chakras, or organs of the body and bringing them into balance. It can pertain to the body or mind.
- Reiki – A practitioner uses hands to deliver energy into the areas of the body that experience discomfort.
- Reflexology – Involves the practice of pressing on certain areas of the hands or feet that are specifically connected to certain organs of the body.
- Acupuncture – The practice of using thin needles in the skin to help create balance in the flow of energy (chi) throughout the body.
- Reiki, Reflexology and Acupuncture all fall under the same category of Energy Healing.
Who Uses These Therapies
It’s not uncommon to find business executives or school teachers to be in a center for holistic medicine. People of all walks of life have heard of the various holistic practices and may personally know someone who has tried them and recommended them. People with illnesses such as cancer, fibromyalgia, skin diseases or migraine headaches can often turn to these therapies to seek relief from chronic challenges. In many cases, the patient has tried both western and eastern medicinal practices simultaneously to find relief. It can also be the case where a patient did not find any resolution to their health challenges in a traditional western medical practice and has turned solely to holistic therapies for healing.
However one chooses, holistic practices have been found to be a viable alternative to western medicine with many tried and true successful experiences from thousands of patients all over the country.