For years now there has been a lot of talk about stem cells. The naked truth is that we (John Q. Public) have been misled and misinformed. We have been guided toward the end result desired by anyone preaching their propaganda at any given time. There are three very valuable sources of information on the use of stem cells. The center for holistic medicine is a great one as well as acupuncture miami. The alternative medical center is another good source if you are looking for stem cell treatment and knowledge. What is a stem cell ? It is elementary. Stem cells are unspecialized or undecided cells. In other words stem cells haven’t decided what they want to be when they grow up. They sort of bloom where they are planted. The real low down on stem cell therapy is quite interesting and comforting as well as promising. There is several types of stem cells to be considered. Listed below are the real pros and cons of stem cell therapy:
Pros of stem cell therapy
- There are sever types of stem cells other than the well known embryotic stem cell and even the embryotic stem cell doesn’t require the death of anyone or anything.
- Stem cells may one day in the not too distant future stop the aging process.
- Scientists are working to cure Alzheimer’s Parkinson’s COPD and many other dread diseases with stem cell therapy.
- Proven to save lives and make some lives more livable.
- Stem cells of the embryonic type can maintain and grow for 12 months and more in culture.
- Stem cell therapy works with and puts into use ones own body therefore lowering the risk of rejection.
- This list of pros could go on forever and become quite complicated. Do some personal research and are sure to be surprised and pleased at the results.
Cons of Stem Cell Therapy
Stem cell therapy is still a work in process. It is still in research and has a way to go. Embryonic stem cell research may work good in the lab but may be rejected when used in another person’s body. The long term side effects of stem cell therapy is still unknown.