Pulsed Electromagnetic Field is a therapy that applies electromagnets to an injured area. It is commonly used for orthopaedics purposes. Pulsed Electromagnetic field helps in treatment of bone fractures, depression, congenital pseud-arthrosis and fusions that have failed. These electro-magnets stimulate or aid in the cellular repair. This therapy is oftenly used as a complementary to conventional medication of bone repair. Pulsated Electromagnetic Field is similar to platelet rich plasma prp therapy. The only difference is that PRP is used for plastic surgery recovery. Pulsed Electromagnetic Field has been approved by the Food and Drugs Administration department as complementary treatment to surgery for cervical fusion.
- Less pain during the process is one of the advantages associated with Pulsated Electromagnetic Field. Individuals that use this medication feel a tingly feeling. Little or no pain is felt during the treatment.
- Another advantage of the Pulsated Electromagnetic Field is the increased healing speed. This is why people opt for it in the first place.
- However, Pulsated Electromagnetic Fields is not without its cons. First, the cost of this treatment is very high. This is inclusive of the visit fees, which are regular in this case.
- Secondly, the treatment is very expensive in terms of time. Setting up of time to visit the treatment centre every day is a must. The treatment side effects are similar to chelation therapy side effects in terms of discomfort. This discomfort is felt where the device is placed on to recharge cells.
- Pulsated Electromagnetic Fields therapy has proven to be ineffective in the treatment of some conditions, for example, insomnia and depression. This is because, once you cease taking the treatment, the symptoms recur.
It is important that people are made aware of the various medication options that they have. Conventional medication may not always be the most suitable or effective treatment for some conditions. Pulsated Electromagnetic Fields, chelating treatment, Platelet Rich plasma therapy, acupuncture and moxibustion are some of the alternative and complementary treatments widely used today. However, it is important to note the advantages and disadvantages of each of this alternative and complementary treatments before deciding to use them. This treatments will not only help to cure the noted disease, they will lead to a healthier body. Also, they help treat other illnesses that had not been detected.