Ozone is much like the air you breathe. While the regular air we breathe consists of two oxygen atom, ozone is composed of three oxygen atoms. It is the three oxygen atoms in ozone that promotes healing and detoxification. Ozone therapy is most commonly used in Europe, but it becoming more popular in the United States. There are many medical and health benefits to ozone treatment. Ozone can be used to treat diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, Lyme disease, hepatitis, chronic fatigue, cancer, and more. When given in small doses medical ozone is believed to increase naturally occurring antioxidants that help strengthen the immune system.
Ozone Medical Properties
Ozone has five medical properties that make it effective:
- Ozone stimulates mitochondrial. Decreased mitochondrial energy production is often an underlying cause of degenerative diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. The stimulation of mitochondrial can combat these degenerative diseases.
- Ozone increases natural antioxidants. These antioxidants help to detoxify the body.
- Ozone enhances blood flow allowing the oxygen carrying cells to deliver oxygen to all parts of the body. Impaired circulation is common in people is chronic inflammation. Improving circulation helps deliver the oxygen the body needs to decrease the inflammation.
- Ozone stimulate DPG(diphosphoglycerate enzyme). Enables oxygen to be released and absorbed from cells. Increasing circulation is important, but if the oxygen is not being absorbed it does little good. Ozone treatments not only increase circulation, but also the absorption of oxygen.
- Ozone regulates the immune system. Immune systems are under-active when a person has cancer, and overactive when they have auto-immune diseases. When the immune systems works properly it can combat diseases that are strengthened when they are overactive or under-active.
How Ozone Treatment is Delivered
Intravenous ozone therapy is the most common form of ozone treatment. It takes less then an hour to complete. During therapy 6-12 ounces of blood is collected. Ozone is then injected into the container holding the blood. The ozone and the blood are gently mixed. This allows both the red and white blood cells to absorb the ozone. The ozone rich blood is then returned to the body through an IV where it delivers the ozone to the rest of the body. The results are not instant. Results are better seen after a few treatments.