When your body does not have enough fluids, an individual becomes dehydrated. Hydration therapy is highly applied in treating dehydrated patients or those running a risk of being dehydrated. The alternative therapy may involve consumption of more water by the low-risk patients or employ the services of an intravenous (IV) tube for the patients who are unable to consume adequate water or are already dehydrated. The best hydrating agent is water because it is low in sugar and electrolytes.
Medical professionals administer fluids to seriously ill patients. Administration of the fluids is done by inserting an IV tube below the skin of the patient in a subcutaneous line. The fluids contain water, salts and at times, sugar. It is advisable for the populace to consume water in a bid to avert instances of dehydration.
The Importance of Hydration
- A hydrated body helps in water retention and prevention of excessive loss of water from the body.
- Consumption of water serves to flush out toxins in the body besides rejuvenating body cells. Properly hydrated individuals have healthy and glowing skin.
- A good fluid body balance boosts the body’s immunity and helps in fighting off diseases.
- Joints, tendons and muscles need water to function. Water lubricates the joints but when the body is dehydrated, then the body is exposed to joint illnesses and arthritis.
- Hydration therapy IV represents the effective and fastest way of replacing the loss of fluid in the body of an individual. It is imperative to note that the IV treatment offers an equivalent of consuming two gallons of water.
Who Are The Targets For This Therapy?
The beauty and health sectors require this form of therapy because water forms beauty through the glowing skin. The therapy serves to remove wrinkles, blemishes dry skin and aging from people both male and female models. In addition, this advanced therapy is used by cold and flu patients as it help them recover quickly. Vitamin C and other antioxidants are used to help the immune system react faster and accelerate the healing process. Athletes subscribe to the therapy with the view to replacing their lost electrolytes that have been used up during performances. Hydration is necessary for the well-being of the body. It is significant for the populace to visit medical practitioners before undertaking any forms of therapy. If dehydration is not treated on time, the body has the tendency of losing the ability to produce sweat and thus, making an individual susceptible to seizures.