Intravenous hydration is a very common procedure that is minimally invasive. Intravenously, it delivers vitamins, fluids and medications into the bloodstream directly to provide treatment for a variety of common complaints that are often associated with dehydration. IV hydration therapy is administered only by highly qualified medical professionals including physicians and registered nurses. Treatment takes approximately 30 minutes and is administered through an IV.
Intravenous hydration therapy is geared towards enhancing wellness and overall health. The cornerstone of hydration therapy IV is utilization of intravenous fluids, vitamins, minerals and medications to treat the effects of dehydration.
- Competitive athletes push themselves far beyond their limits and often times, deplete their natural resources. IV hydration helps to restore electrolyte balance.
- Frequent flyers also benefit greatly from infusion therapy. Air inside a plane are dehumidified, and can literally “drain” the moisture of out of you. Coupled with poor eating habits, people who frequently travel by plane can begin to feel depleted. Infusion therapy can easily reverse the effects allowing you to feel refreshed and avoid jetlag
- People who suffer from frequent colds and flu, as well as seasonal allergies and chronic sinusitis responded quite well to IV rehydration.
- People who have overindulged the night before and suffering from hangovers have a shorter recuperation period than those who attempt to hydrate themselves orally. Alcohol is very dehydrating and this is the reason for the symptoms of headache, dry mouth and nausea.
- Chronically dehydrated skin appears wrinkled and exhibits signs of accelerated aging. Hydrating from the inside out moisturizes skin in a way not possible with topical treatments.
Why it Works
Since it’s very difficult for the human body to absorb large quantities of water from the stomach in a short amount of time, intravenous hydration is highly effective because it’s the fastest mode of replenishing loss fluids. IV hydration benefits everyone differently, but individuals usually experience an increase in energy levels, a bolstered immune system and a flush of toxins from the body.
When considering form of medical therapy, it’s imperative to consult with your internist of family physician. Weigh the pros and cons treatment and decide which type of treatment is best for you.