Natural therapies are a component of Naturopathic medicine. They refer to a range of therapies in both traditional forms of medicine and the modern and scientifically backed up medicine. The term These therapies are aimed at the treatment of the disease together with its underlying causes. These forms of treatment are usually non-invasive. This means that they do not require the administration of drugs or require the use of surgeries. Naturopathy medicine is mostly used to suppress or counter the side effects of other treatments. These medicine can be accessed at any holistic, integrative or naturopathy centre. Some of the natural therapies include ozone iv therapy and neurofeedback ocd.
Principles of Natural Therapies
Natural therapies are based on the following major principles;
- Do not cause harm – They are is based on the principle of not cause any harm. It is for this reason that natural therapy practitioners only use non-toxic and non-invasive treatments.
- Nature healing power – Natural therapies are also based on the belief of natural healing. Here, there is the belief that the body has a self-healing power.
- Identification and treatment of the underlying cause – Natural therapies are not only about treating the illness. Rather, it seeks to identify the underlying cause and treat it. This way, it prevents the chances of that illness recurring.
- Teaching to self-treat – Another major principle of natural therapies is teaching patients to treat themselves. Rather than just treating the patient, practitioners also help patients learn how they can incorporate these treatments to their daily life.
- Treatment of whole person – Natural therapies are meant for the treatment of a whole person. This includes the body, mind and spirit.
Benefits of Natural Therapies
The benefits of natural therapies are very many. Firstly, natural therapies act as a way to prevent illness rather wait for them to occur then treat them. Also, the treatments can be self-administered therefore saving on costs associated with health care treatments. Another benefit of natural therapy is that it is suitable for children and people of old age. This is because of its attribute of being non-invasive. Additionally, natural therapies can be used in the treatment of a range of disorders, for example, they may help to lower cholesterol. With natural therapies you have a very wide range of treatments that you can choose from. Also you can decide to combine more than one treatment at a time.